Christmas Tartan - A Closet Staple

Our Christmas Card photos from the last three years with our beloved Tyson. 
He loved Christmas Plaid too!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Well...almost. This season is what I've been waiting all year for! Last week I happened to step into a J.Crew Factory store and I was completely surprised when I saw some of their holiday collection on display. If I'm being completely honest, I've been checking the J. Crew website daily, anxiously awaiting their holiday collection to launch! For the last five or so years, I've snagged items from J.Crew's holiday collection, so I've got quite the Christmas wardrobe. Enough that it has to be packed away at the end of the season, which is always a sad day. 

If you know me, then you know Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. I often tell my friends and family, "I just wish I could live in a Christmas movie!". Immediately after Halloween is over, Christmas music begins playing on repeat, tartan plaid makes it's way into my closet, you better believe Christmas movies are playing (I think I have enough to last two full months!), and our home smells of cedar and pine. 

So every year when retailers launch their holiday collection, I snag the pieces I love so quickly because they often sell out! These items just launched YESTERDAY and I wanted to make sure y'all had time to get them while they were still available! This year I may have gone a little overboard with my purchases, but with how 2020 has been, I think we all need some extra holiday cheer! Here are some of the items I snagged plus a few extras that I loved! 


I know the holidays will look a little different this year due to COVID, but how perfect would these heels and velvet top be for a fun Christmas celebration? 
Red Tartan Heel                                            Velvet Bow Top

I'll be pairing this Tartan Ruffleneck top with black pants for work!

This Red Tartan Dress is under $60! And these Tartan Masks are perfect for the holidays!


Gold Bead Headband                                                      Tartan Loafers

If you're not as crazy as I am about the holidays, but love to include some fun accessories, these hair accessories below are perfect to add to your collection! Each item is under $20 and will add the perfect festive touch to any outfit!
Tartan Headband in Black, Red and Ivory

In the past, I've always gravitated towards the tartan flats, thinking they would be perfect for work, but then I often regret not buying the heels! This year this beautiful snow tartan comes in both flats and heels!
Snow Tartan Flat or Heel

I can't wait to see what you all snag from this year's holiday collection!

Be sure to follow along on Instagram to see my daily outfits as I break out my own holiday wardrobe!

XOXO, Emily

Comments

Popular Posts