Our Ceremony and Reception Decorations


Photography by Lauren Fair, The Gadsden House, Planning by Niki Paige, Flowers by Bearded Florist, Rentals by Event Haus

Our Ceremony

Ginger jars filled with greenery and pops of florals. When we met with Noah, at Bearded Florist, those are the exact words I used to describe our plan for our florals. We absolutely loved the charm of the Gadsden House and the fact that it was basically a blank slate. With two floors and a courtyard to decorate, we decided to fill the space with lush fresh florals. I had visions of greenery lining our aisle and each one of the beautiful staircases. With pops of white fluffy florals and pale pinks, the soft tones paired perfectly with the many ginger jars. 

 As soon as we got engaged, I began collecting these beautiful blue and white ginger jars, knowing that I wanted to incorporate them on our wedding day. After about a year of collecting them, we brought more than 100 ginger jars to Charleston. It was a miracle that none of them broke! 


I remember seeing this aisle for the first time and being blown away. It was exactly as I had envisioned. A path of greenery, leading me to my future husband. One thing I learned though, greenery lined aisles and cathedral veils don't go well together. Pair that with beautifully lit pillar candles and it get's really fun. Luckily our guests were great at helping me get down the aisle in one piece and ensuring that I didn't catch on fire! 

Our Reception

As I mentioned earlier, ginger jars filled with greenery and pops of florals. My amazing vendors delivered exactly that. When it came to our reception, I had always dreamt of an al fresco dinner. Since we were planning a winter wedding, I knew that the sun would be going down before dinner, so to make my al fresco dinner dreams come true, we needed to include some sort of lighting! These cafe lights couldn't have been more lovely. 



Table setting details that included embroidered linen napkins with our monogram. Each one tied with the same silk ribbon from our invitations and calligraphy place cards. I had so much fun with these details! Below is one of my favorite reception portraits!


Canvas by Lindale Studios and Name Cards by Empress Stationery 



Our beautiful Cake by Sweet Rhi with our monogram. Funfetti and chocolate, our two favorite flavors. One amazing thing about Rhi, she sent us home with a properly wrapped four inch cake that we could eat on our first anniversary. You better believe we are excited to open that next week!


The most importation location of the evening, the bar. Decorated in greenery and ginger jars, I this was so fun to design. We ordered these large wood cutouts of our monogram at the last minute and I think we found the perfect place to display them.  




I hope you loved seeing more from our big day! Tomorrow I can't wait to show you my beautiful bridesmaids! 

XOXO, 
Emily 




Our Wedding Paper Here

Our Wedding Favors Here

Follow along on Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts