November Table Setting - Inspired by Heirloom Pieces

 

Heirloom China (similar here), Heirloom Silver, Crystal Glasses, Chargers, Linen Tablecloth, Linen Napkins, Napkin Rings, Florals by Flora, Bells, Candle Holders, Place Cards by Empress Stationery

Y'all know how much I love the holidays! While October officially set off the holiday season, I always get very excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Usually, Thanksgiving is the first time my entire family is together since we all live hours away from one another, but unfortunately this year will look a little different due to COVID. Since we won't be spending Thanksgiving with family, I decided to incorporate some heirloom pieces into our November table setting. 


The older I get, the more I cherish family heirlooms and antiques. I love the story behind each and every piece. Like our dinning room table, whom was gifted to us by my mother-in-law; I remember her telling me a story of how there were 17 people sitting around the table for a holiday meal. I just dream of having that many loved ones in one room, celebrating the holidays together! This lovely china was gifted to me by my Grandmother who received it on her wedding day years ago. I love the milk glass look with the gold edges, as they would pair lovely with any table linens. This silver flatware came from my MerMer, and my Dad told me she was able to purchase each piece with green stamps! I can only imagine how long it took her to grow her collection to a place setting for eight. Both the china and silver were only brought out for "special occasions", and I couldn't think of a better time to showcase them. 


When I found these lovely table linens online, I knew they would be perfect for our Thanksgiving table. Of course I love the blue and white, but I dreamt of them paired with a magnolia floral arrangement. Seeing everything pulled together looks even more beautiful than I could have imagined. 


Upon more searching online, I found these lovely hand embroidered cocktail napkins that match the other table linens perfectly. It's like they were meant to go together!


I also incorporated these bells as place card holders and placed along the center just to give it a more festive feel. 

Each month I get so excited to design and dream up a table setting and I can't wait for the next. With Christmas being my favorite holiday season of the year, you can believe we'll be going all out! Expect a few different blog posts because we'll be hosting Christmas as our home this year! I can't wait to share next month's magic with you all. 

XOXO, Emily 




See October's Table Setting here.

Find my favorite holiday tartan pieces here

Follow along on Instagram

Comments

  1. This table is amazing! Agree about heirlooms. I just got married this year and I’m refinishing a china cabinet and when I’m done I’m going to get some china that was my great grandmothers and I can’t wait to display it ❤️ Lauren, www.thehomemadehost.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts